Terms & Conditions of Booking
Proprietors, owners, Stay In Kintyre are Messrs. Richardson.
Online Travel Agents (OTA’s) are Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Expedia or associated companies.
Premises are Gowanlea, Argyll St, Campbeltown and Cuilidh, 24 Broomfield, Carradale.
- By making a booking with us (Messrs. Richardson, StayInKintyre) you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions you must cancel your booking.
- If you book via Online Travel Agents (OTA’s) such as Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Expedia or associated companies or other, you are bound by the terms and conditions appropriate to the relevant company and the pricing structures on those sites, including the policies on those sites relating to Covid-19 and these properties. These OTA’s refer you to these property terms and conditions in addition to their own, for inclusion.
- Payment is required in full and in advance when you make your booking, unless agreed beforehand in writing.
- Maximum occupancy is indicated per accommodation (there must be at least one responsible adult capable of looking after any other guests).
- More occupants are by prior written agreement only. Do not book until you have this, please email us first.
- Cuilidh uses unit pricing. The price is per night for the property
- Gowanlea uses occupancy based pricing. The price is per person per night.
The displayed default prices are based on one adult. Additional adults (over and above the one) are charged to a maximum of four occupants.
- Children 0-9 are free
- Children 10-15 =£15 per night to a maximum of £45 (3 nights), after which there are no further fees.
- These prices are subject to seasonal variation
- This pricing structure allows us to offer you a very competitive price no matter the number in your party.
From time to time we may offer promotions, discounts or coupon codes. These can be found > here < and constitute part of the terms and conditions of booking.
- No pets are allowed. Sorry.
- No smoking is allowed in any of the properties.
- Vaping is allowed.
- You agree to keep any noise and disturbance generated by you, your guests to a minimum and respect the peace and tranquillity of the neighbourhoods.
- Regarding Covid-19, you agree to adhere to Scottish government guidelines during your stay, including (and not limited to) group size and make up, reasons for travel, wearing of appropriate PPE and adoption of appropriate social distancing and hygiene practices. This is a legal requirement of the Scottish Government anyway but worth mentioning here.
Check-in and check out
- You can check-in at or after 4 pm on your arrival day.
- You must check out before 10:00 am on your check out day. This allows us to reset the property for the next holiday guests.
- Any changes to this must be agreed in writing and in advance of your stay.
Damage to property and/or contents therein.
- You accept that you are accountable and responsible for any damage to the property and the contents therein caused by you or your group throughout the duration of your stay.
- The damage will be investigated and recompense will be invoiced, this may result in civil or criminal proceedings.
- We always recommend that you purchase your own, sufficiently robust holiday and/or personal/business insurance.
- We observe the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 and Occupiers’ Liability Act 1984 and undertake reasonable steps to comply with the duty of care
- You agree to take reasonable steps to preserve your own safety and that of others in your group.
- Per Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 we have taken reasonable steps to notify you of parking and security information, and where possible have provided a deterrent; such as provided to deter against vehicle theft or damage at Gowanlea, on both properties locks on premises, locks within premises and safety deposit boxes.
- You agree to take heed of notices and take reasonable precautions to protect your own vehicle(s) and property and property of your group.
- If utilities are unavailable (power cuts, water supply disruption) we cannot accept liability for additional costs that may be incurred by you.
In the event you wish to cancel your booking the following table of refund costs apply.
|One DAY and over|
100 per cent of booking amount paid if a refundable rate chosen.
If a non-refundable rate is chosen then there will be no refund given in the event of cancellation.
|Under one DAY||None|
|Same day as arrival||None|
- If we cancel your booking at any time, we will give you a full refund of all monies you have paid us. This is the limit of our cancellation liability.
Cuilidh garden and front lawn
- The grass is maintained by a local contractor and you must allow access.
- You may use the garden and front lawn for normal and acceptable purposes.
- The garden has rights of way to the next-door property, therefore, it is not to be considered private, secluded or secure.
There is on road public parking, we have no control over this space. Parking is at your own risk and you must take reasonable steps to secure your vehicle and have sufficient insurance.
Cleaning at Cuilidh
- Cuilidh is a self-catering holiday home and you are responsible for cleaning your own materials, including supplied bedding and furnishings, especially if soiled, the cooking and eating utensils and your own clothing and for leaving the holiday home in a clean, hygienic and sound condition.
- You don’t have to clean all the bedding prior to leaving if unsoiled, it will be replaced for the next guests by our service contractor.
- All surfaces are cleaned with anti-viricidal sprays and floors are steam cleaned.
- All rooms are treated with UV-C and ozone protocols.
- Room fabrics are sprayed with anti-viricidal sprays and treated with UV-C and ozone protocols.
- All laundry is washed at or above 60°C
Cuilidh Fuel and consumables.
- You accept that you are renting this property on a self-catering basis and that you must supply your own food and drink.
- A reasonable amount of fuel for the multi-fuel heater will be provided. If you require more you will need to purchase this yourself.
- A reasonable amount of electricity has been pre-paid. If you require more you will need to purchase this yourself.
You agree to stay within the clearly identified guest areas:
- Ground Floor: The guest lounge and dining room, the guest bathroom and your bedroom/s are yours. The hallway is shared with the owners, however there are separate exits for guests and the owners.
- The First & Second Floor is the owner’s private area.
- There are no other guests other than those in your group.
- Please maintain social distancing guidelines where possible.
- You agree to advise us in advance of your stay of any special dietary requirements.
- There is a dog present, and more scarily, two teenage children. Anyone allergic to these is formally advised.
There is on road public parking, we have no control over this space.
There is private parking at the rear, overlooked by other buildings. We have a security floodlight.
Parking is at your own risk and you must take reasonable steps to secure your vehicle and have sufficient insurance.
Cleaning at Gowanlea
- All surfaces are cleaned with anti-viricidal sprays and floors are steam cleaned between guests.
- All rooms are treated with UV-C and ozone protocols between guests.
- Room fabrics are sprayed with anti-viricidal sprays and treated with UV-C and ozone protocols between guests.
- High traffic surfaces are cleaned with anti-viricidal sprays and treated with UV-C protocols on a regular basis. (e.g. door handles etc.)
- All laundry is washed at or above 60°C.
- HEPA and UV-C air purifiers are in operation at all times.
Privacy, including GDPR
All bookings require explicit consent to these terms and conditions and thereby represent your explicit consent to allowing us to process and store the data you supply in order to satisfy the legal basis of providing you with a booking, processing payments, reconciliation with payment processors and third party booking providers, and providing any necessary information to UK authorities for accounting and tax purposes. Your supplied details will be held on file as long as is required by UK laws.
You are entitled to request a copy of these files and also retain all stated rights including the right to forget.
Breach of this agreement may result in forfeiture of all monies paid and may result in additional charges and/or court action, and/or cancellation of booking.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage to, or theft from, or theft of vehicles parked on the premises or damage to or theft from or theft of your possessions on or from the premises.
- The limitation of our liability is the cost of your accommodation.
Nothing in these terms will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The terms appearing anywhere on this site are to be interpreted strictly in accordance with Scottish laws and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts of Law.