Terms & Conditions of Booking
Proprietors, owners, Stay In Kintyre are Messrs. Richardson.
Online Travel Agents (OTA’s) are Booking.com, and associated companies.
Premises are Gowanlea, Argyll St, Campbeltown.
- By making a booking with us (Messrs. Richardson, StayInKintyre) you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions you must cancel your booking.
- If you book via Online Travel Agents (OTA’s) such as Booking.com or associated companies or other, you are specifically bound by the terms and conditions appropriate to the relevant company and specifically the pricing and cancellation structures on those sites, including the policies on those sites relating to Covid-19. The OTA’s augment and include this properties terms and conditions, excluding cancellation and pricing policies, although their implementation of cancellation and pricing are driven by our requirements.
You agree to provide accurate information when making your booking, specifically:
- Full name
- Telephone number, preferably mobile to receive SMS messages for your booking.
- Accurate email address to receive booking details and communication.
- If you are booking on behalf of someone else (you aren’t staying) you agree to provide their names, and facilitate the flow of information between us and them.
Online check-in requires:
🇬🇧 UK Nationals: You need to provide names and confirm the UK nationality of all adults, we don’t need the ID details or Date Of Birth (DOB), per The Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972
🌎 Other Nationals: We need the names and nationality of all adults, the ID number and type, Date Of Birth (DOB), but DO NOT NEED ID UPLOADED. However, please have passports/ID cards ready for when you check-in. Per The Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972
- Payment is required in full and in advance when you make your booking, unless agreed beforehand in writing.
- Any refunds will only be made via the original payment method.
- Maximum occupancy is four persons total, this count includes adults, children and infants. (There must be at least one responsible adult capable of looking after any other guests).
- More occupants are not possible.
- Gowanlea uses occupancy based pricing. The price is per person per night.
The displayed default prices are based on one adult. Additional adults (over and above the one) are charged to a maximum of four occupants.
- Children 0-9 are £10 per night
- Children 10-15 are £20 per night to a maximum of £60 (3 nights), after which there are no further fees.
- These prices are subject to seasonal variation
From time to time we may offer promotions, discounts or coupon codes. These can be found > here < and constitute part of the terms and conditions of booking. For the purposes of cancellation refund calculation, length of stay offers become invalid for the first overnight stay as you are no longer staying.
- No pets are allowed. Sorry.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed within Gowanlea, however we do have a designated smoking and vaping area, and a shelter, in the guest garden area.
- You agree to keep any noise and disturbance generated by you and people in your group to a minimum and respect the peace and tranquillity of the neighbourhood.
- Only paying and booked guests are allowed on the property. This is a bed and breakfast in a private family home with no public areas, formally classed as Home Sharing under the Scottish Governments Short Term Let Licensing. You may wish to investigate using a hotel with public areas or self-catering property which would likely allow guests.
Check-in and check out
- You can check-in at or after 4 pm on your arrival day until 8 pm.
- You must check out before 10:00 am on your check out day. This allows us to reset the property for the next guests.
- Any changes to this must be agreed in writing and in advance of your stay.
Damage to property and/or contents therein.
- You accept that you are accountable and responsible for any damage to the property and the contents therein caused by you or your group throughout the duration of your stay.
- The damage will be investigated and recompense will be invoiced, this may result in civil or criminal proceedings.
Lost & Found
- We will keep items found for a period of thirty days, after which, we’ll dispose of them. Please collect before then.
- We would be delighted to post your lost items on to you however we will need to charge you for the carriage.
- If you lost something, or suspect you did, please contact us at the earliest opportunity before thirty days expires.
- We always recommend that you purchase your own, sufficiently robust holiday and/or personal/business insurance.
- We observe the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 and Occupiers’ Liability Act 1984 and undertake reasonable steps to comply with the duty of care
- You agree to take reasonable steps to preserve your own safety and that of others in your group.
- Per Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 we have taken reasonable steps to notify you of parking and security information, and where possible have provided a deterrent; such as provided to deter against vehicle theft or damage at Gowanlea, locks on premises, locks within premises and safety deposit boxes.
- You agree to take heed of notices and take reasonable precautions to protect your own vehicle(s), the property and the property of your group.
- If utilities are unavailable (power cuts, water supply disruption) we cannot accept liability for additional costs that may be incurred by you.
24-hour cool down period: If you book directly through our website and your check-in date is at least 24 hours away, you have a 24-hour cool down period during which cancellations are fully refundable, regardless of the rate chosen. However, no refunds are available if your check-in is within 24 hours of booking.
5 or more days notice before check-in: You’ll receive a 100% refund if you’ve chosen a refundable rate. For non-refundable rates, no refunds are given.
Between 5 days and 2 days notice: If your stay is one night, there’s no refund. For longer stays, you’ll be charged the full price of the first night, excluding any length of stay discounts, with the remainder refunded through your payment method.
Example of this: For instance, if you’ve booked a two-night stay at a total cost of £170 with a 15% discount applying to both nights, instead of £200 you’re getting the nights for £170 due to the length of stay discount offer. If you are cancelling, the length of stay discount is void, so we’ll retain the original price of £100 for the first night, and you’ll receive £70 as the remaining balance. Non-refundable rates do not attract refunds in case of cancellation.
48 hours notice or less, or no-show: No refunds are available if you cancel within 48 hours of check-in or do not arrive.
In the event that we cancel your booking at any time, we will provide a full refund of all payments made. This represents the limit of our cancellation liability.
You agree to stay within the clearly identified guest areas:
- Ground Floor: The guest lounge and dining room, the guest bathroom and your bedroom/s are for your use and the use of your guests who are members of your booked party. The hallway is shared with the owners, however there are separate exits for guests and the owners.
- The First & Second Floor is the owner’s private area.
- There are no other guests other than those in your group.
- Quiet hours are 23:00 to 07:00
- Please maintain social distancing guidelines where possible.
- You agree to advise us in advance of your stay of any special dietary requirements.
- There is a dog present, and more scarily, two teenage children. Anyone allergic to these is formally advised.
There is on road public parking, we have no control over this space.
There is private parking at the rear, overlooked by other buildings. We have a security floodlight and CCTV.
Parking is at your own risk and you must take reasonable steps to secure your vehicle and have sufficient insurance.
Cleaning at Gowanlea
- All surfaces are cleaned with anti-viricidal sprays.
- All rooms are treated with UV-C and ozone protocols between guests.
- Soft furnishing room fabrics are treated with UV-C and ozone protocols between guests.
- High traffic surfaces are cleaned with anti-viricidal sprays and treated with UV-C protocols on a regular basis. (e.g. door handles etc.)
- All laundry is washed at or above 60°C.
- HEPA and UV-C air purifiers are in operation at all times.
Privacy, including GDPR
All bookings require explicit consent to these terms and conditions and thereby represent your explicit consent to allowing us to process and store the data you supply in order to satisfy the legal basis of providing you with a booking, processing payments, reconciliation with payment processors and third party booking providers, and providing any necessary information to UK authorities for accounting and tax purposes. Your supplied details will be held on file as long as is required by UK laws.
You are entitled to request a copy of these files and also retain all stated rights including the right to forget.
Breach of this agreement may result in forfeiture of all monies paid and may result in additional charges and/or court action, and/or cancellation of booking.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage to, or theft from, or theft of vehicles parked on the premises or damage to or theft from or theft of your possessions on or from the premises.
- The limitation of our liability is the cost of your accommodation.
Nothing in these terms will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The terms appearing anywhere on this site are to be interpreted strictly in accordance with Scottish laws and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts of Law.